Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sockology II

I have managed to post twice in one day. While most of you may die of shock (I'm barely clinging to life myself), I know some of my fellow bloggers will be very proud of me. Savor the moment. This will only happen once.

Maybe I should spread out the bounty and save this for tomorrow, but I just couldn't put off this UPDATE on my socks.

My last sock knitting class was Aug. 23rd, during which time I finished the first sock. Here is a picture of it.














Four days later I had the second sock finished as well. What do you think of the contrasting color on the heel and toe? I received a lot of compliments from my classmates on my color choices. I was pretty pleased.


Tendu


Releve


(Look who stopped by for a sneak peek.)

Knitting these socks was surprisingly easy to do. Amazing! No wonder so many knitters do it. Anyway, I've already stocked up on some sock yarn and am eager to learn some more complex patterns. In the meantime, I've started a second pair of socks with a lighter weight yarn and smaller needles. More to come on that.

Also, during this time I finished another cabled hat. Just in time for our Labor Day camping trip. Voila!



2 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

I am completely impressed by your color choices, amazing feet feats, and the fabulous cable hat!!! I'm sorry, you will never convince me that the sock making was easy.

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go! the socks are darling! very cute combo! and i'm sure that is way over my skill level ever! they are fabulous though, and love the hat!