Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sockology

I'm knitting my first sock and I couldn't be more excited!





I'm taking a class over at the Fiber Factory. Lori is the instructor (I'll post a picture of her later) and already she has taught me some neat tricks. Like how to find the end of the yarn that resides inside the skein without pulling out all "the guts", as I like to call it. And how to work with 5 double-pointed needles without feeling or looking like Edward Scissorhands. And, I'm forming some Christmas gift ideas. Oops, I shouldn't have mentioned that.

My yarn is Cleckheaton Country in this gorgeous lavender color with brown specks.
The cuff.
Bitty can smell a photo op a mile away.
On Saturday, I'll learn how to do the heel turn. And wait until you see the color I chose for the heel. It's bold, but I'm loving it.

2 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Oooh! I am so jealous of your knitting skills! I would LOVE to take a class! Someday I definitely will. You'll probably be teaching them by then!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! THAT IS SOO COOL YOU CAN KNIT! i don't think i could ever get the hang of that! can't wait to see your sock! it looks FABULOUS already!

and it was so fun meeting you at Bunko last night! you are SO FUN!
and the giggle fit! we were on a ROLL!

holy cow.too funny! and you ROCKED that game!