Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fitness Tip

I have a calf muscle that is toning up very nicely, and I don't even have to work at it.

WOW, what's the secret?

I'll tell you. Get yourself a pinched nerve and let it go to town.

How do you get one?

It's simple, really. Go to physical therapy to loosen up some stressed back muscles. As those muscles loosen, your pelvis will begin to shift to a more comfortable position on the left side, and a less comfortable position on the right side. Now feel the pain on your right side as one of your nerves begins to protest, an I've-got-something-to-say-so-let's-march-down-to-capital-hill type of protest. It begins in your bum, travels down the back of your leg and settles in your calf where it initiates a game of Duck, Duck, Goose. "Duck" (feeling pretty good at the moment), "Duck" (think I might try to bend over and pick something, anything, up), GOOSE! (Ok, um...wow, that hurts...must get weight off this leg and...oh, cramp...CRAMP!)

(I like to call it my country music nerve. It twangs, I cringe.)

Cramp and release, cramp and release. Do you see now? Instant toning.

Voila.

1 comment:

Karli said...

You're hilarious! That's a great tip though :) See if I can work that one into my schedule! :)