Friday, April 10, 2009

Without Interruption

Things I did this afternoon.

1. Watched last night's episodes of the Office, 30 Rock and Samantha Who?. I did not watch them last night because, in a reversal of roles I can only blame on the full moon, I could not stay awake while Dave enjoyed every moment of the shows with full mental clarity and eyes wide open. I'm surprised he wasn't knitting, too.

2. Photographed the Mother of Pearl Scarf before I send it off to Elisabeth.

Even if she can't use it until October, at least she can hang it above her bed, or frame it, or twirl around her room while holding it in her outstretched arms singing "I could've danced all night" and admiring its beauty.

3. Raveled the Mother of Pearl Scarf,


and the green Bousta Beret,

and Ceres' Lacunae hat.
(Note: Downloading my pictures to the computer, then to Flickr, just so I can get them on Ravelry is a pain in my buttocks.)

4. Marveled at the amount of dust that has collected in the house since the weather got nice enough to keep the windows open.

5. Thought about how something should be done about that dust.

6. Decided the garbage is not going to take itself out. Neither will Dave or Ceres be taking out the garbage as they are camping tonight. I have reluctantly agreed with myself that I must take out the garbage because, conveniently for Dave and Ceres, I can't stand it any more. (No pictures - sorry.)

7. Snipped a little rose for my little vase.

8. Turned on Direct TV to find the channel set to the XM-Grunge music station. Left it on while I did the above items.

9. Realized that I not only recognize, but can also sing along and head bang to more '90s grunge music than I'd like to admit.

10. Felt the wind (and dust) rushing through the house, watched the clouds roll in and decided that, no matter the temperature inside or out, a nice cup of hot cocoa is in order.


4 comments:

Jordan Family said...

haha...love it! always funny that when jace and the crew are gone i can't find a thing i really wanted to do :) knitting fills that void in my life...that, and jace and the kids never leave me alone...and i wouldn't have it any other way! i can't get over ceres..he's a man!

Anna said...

I like you. And I like your blog.

Jordyn Perkins said...

Again, quite the talent. You are the knitting queen. The scarf is beautiful!!! And yes, I can't get over how grown up Ceres is too. Wasn't he just barely 12 with glasses? Time flies.

I was so excited to hear from you! Sadly (very sadly), I cannot go to lunch Thursday. I don't have a car during the weekdays. I can try to get the car from Craig on Saturday if you're up for lunch then! Please let me know. I would love to catch up with you!

Janel said...

I HEART your knitting!!!! Wowzers!!!