Friday, April 3, 2009

Mutual, I'm Sure

Yesterday, I was getting gas at QT when I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, someone on a bike approaching me. I looked to see if I was on a collision course with the cyclist or if I was just going to be asked for money. My eyes met those of the rider, set in a skinny face, with goatee and neck tattoos. I deduced that he was only passing by, a little too closely probably, and looked back to my car. As I did so, he mumbled to me, "Try not to look so happy."

Excuse me?!

Excuse me, but was he just thinking about how he has to spend Saturday morning in defensive driving school? A beautiful morning, one of the last remaining of the Glorious Months (see previous post), seated inside a windowless building, listening to blah, blah, blah??

I think not.

Then again, maybe that's why he's stuck riding a bicycle.




p.s. I shall wear my glum expression proudly until 12:30 pm MST on Saturday, April 4, 2009, thank you very much. After which, I will put his sarcastic advise to work and turn my frown upside down, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Jordyn Perkins said...

Ha, that was funny, and thank YOU very much. :) Btw, I'll stop bothering you about lunch, it never works out for us on google chat for some reason. I know you're busy.