Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Discovery

After 12 years of living in my house, I have made a discovery: A seven-letter word beginning with "A" is carved into my bedroom closet door! It's been painted over and it's only noticeable at a certain time of day and from a specific place in the room, but it's there. And now I feel like I live in a dorm room. It probably wouldn't have ever been discovered if we hadn't uncovered the window that had been drywalled over in our bedroom. We love our new window! But it brought to "light" another historical quirk of this old house.

Can you see it? I hope not!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps Ed knows something about that???

Stacy Householder said...

What a random find...!! I wonder about the history behind that! :)

amy said...

nope. can't see it. but that's kind-of funny that you just discovered it. :) don't you just love older houses?! they have so much character! our nextdoor neighbor in mesa has told us loads of stories about ours.

thanks for inviting me to your blog!

Jordyn Perkins said...

Kristen!!!! I am so glad you have a blog! Yep, I could see the word when I magnified the picture, HAha! You crack me up! And yes, pregnancy has pretty much rounded every part of me... thank goodness the bossoms weren't left out! HA! Hope all is going well in Mesa!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I can see an A something something...that's it. Welcome to the ranks of the bloggers. :)