Thursday, March 5, 2009

Da Bousta It Is

If Sydney would read my blog, she'd know that this little beauty. . .


. . . is coming her way soon. Really soon. To a doorstep near her.


Pattern: [Da] Bousta Beret by Gudrun Johnston

I really enjoyed knitting this beret - once I got started on it for real. I knitted a gauge swatch and cast on. Several rows into the pattern I realized that the ribbed band was only going to fit a small dog. So I went up a needle size and started over. Hmmm. . .baby-sized.

So I started again.

Eventually, I just added extra stitches to the band and knit the rest of the hat according to the pattern. And here it is, Syd's loverly Bousta (rhyme) Beret.

I have delicious plans (or a delicious plan) for this pattern.


1 comment:

jayne said...

I love it!!!!! Oh my word you are so talented. The color is perfect. she is going to be one happy girl knowing that she is getting an awesome gift from you. By the way my new email is cuteallbee@hotmail.com