Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Wish I Had More Time For This...

I love to knit (see blog title) and crochet. I started about four years ago when I was looking for a gift to give my niece and saw a knitting kit on uncommongoods.com. I thought it was such a cute idea that I bought one for her and one for myself. I was addicted from the moment I learned how to do my first stitch. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to do it and therefore, don't have much to show for it either. In fact, I am using up my knitting time tonight to write this blog. And the longer I sit here, the grumpier I get - I'd rather be knitting than writing about it (I gotta get my fix!). Most everything I've made I've given away, and given it away before I could document (take a picture of) its existence. There is another percentage of projects that just aren't finished, like the sweater I was making for my sister for last Christmas. It's July now and I haven't touched it since two weeks before Christmas when I realized I needed sleep more than my sister needed the sweater. Maybe I'll get around to finishing it by this Christmas.

In the meantime, here are some of the things I've made recently:

Cabled hats for my boys to keep their noggins warm when we go camping.
(Naturally, Bitty had to get involved)

Basket weave afghan. I made this afghan in yellow with a raspberry border for my sister. I was so jealous that she had one and I didn't that I made one for myself. So soft....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you'd rather sleep than make me a sweater.

I love my blanket...and my camisole...and my hat. It's cool having a sister who knits!

SuperCoolMom said...

You ROCK! I can't believe how good you are in just four years! I have tried and tried (well, started and started) and just can't get into it. I want to, but I'm so slow that it that it's not fun. Maybe I need lessons from you. We could start going to knitting group with the old ladies.